Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Best Experience

I'm finally back from Trengganu Paka River Extreme Challenge Expedition 2008. And, sad to say, I'm not very glad to be back, but also glad to be back. Well, there's always two sides to everything.

I must really, really say, that this is the best adventure trip I've ever had. The experience was, priceless. It's true. It's a once in a lifetime, and I'll never have another chance to have the same experience, with the same people ever again. I really treasured this trip. There was so much lessons that were learnt, something that I will never learn from doing something else. It is only in extreme conditions, than things surfaced more truthfully, and reflections were really, thought provoking.

72 km Paka River challenge
300 storeys high waterfall climbing
19 challengers
4 instructors
2 teachers
1 expedition

It was extreme challenge. We're the second team in history that completed this extreme challenge. During the first day, everyone wasnt very bonded. During the kayaking, we were faced with extreme conditions, and also instances where we thought one of our friends were stuck and missing. One whom noone really cared about, but when that one person went missing, everybody was super worried. We are a team, we actually, really, cared for one another. Show each other our care more, and these circumstances might be avoided. And it did, 2nd day of kayaking, everyone was in high spirits. Splashing water, singing, crapping, slacking, screaming for food, whining, grumpy little kid, everything, we were all in this together.

Our perseverance, determination, endurance, resilience, brought us through. Whenever we are feeling bored, tired and sick of rowing, encouraging singing and encouragement will come along the way, and we would feel super motivated to keep on going. Together. Really.

People whom we thought we would never be able to click well with, at the end, we actually are able to converse somehow. It's amazing. Really.

Next I wanna thank the people whom I have kayak with:

Yiwei:
Thanks for always singing and singing to cheer me on! And it was super enjoyable and funny to be always clashing into trees with you (: and of course, I'm sorry that I caused us to clash into trees. And I could remember our encounter with countless spiders, it was, EWWW, but yet, HAHAHA.

Arthur:
Hey you! At least we've build up some telepathy eh? HAHA! Thanks for rowing with me, and I'm super sorry that I didnt take care of you! Like that log part, I was super freak out when everyone couldnt find you! And I'm really glad that you're fine (:

Jolene LAI:
HAHA WE ARE WU LAI TOGETHER! I'm so so so sorry that I caused you to capsize! >< And really THANKFUL TO YOU that you always ensure that we are safe and sound without having to crash into any trees or plants or capsize, until I made us capsize. And also thanks for keeping me "entertained" with the ABCs and lame comment, you really, TALK LIKE A BEAR. Haha. Moths HEART you WOR!

Baoxue:
Thanks for lending me your cap! (: Save me from the sun! HAHA! Also, thanks for singing to keep me entertained! BUT I STILL WANNA KILL YOU FOR THE DARE THAT I HAVE TO DO! The whole night I didnt sleep well lah, must be your fault! EWWW. But well, your revenge is your splinter in your finger! HAHA.

JiaQi:
OMG I LOVE THIS GIRL! You are SUPER DUPER NICE! Thanks for encouraging me, and motivating me to keep going on during the second day of kayaking! I can remember your "We will do it together ok? Nothing will happen to us! (:" Then I felt so motivated to keep rowing! Oh, and we are the two pretty girls in the pretty scenery! WAHAHA. It's so sad that I will never be able to kayak with you again! :( But still, THANK YOU GIRL! xD

All the wonderful people, really, ALL ARE WONDERFUL.

Through this trip, I realised, I am finally able to look at the good side of everyone, their bad side or whatever stuff I heard, seemed to become non-existant. In my eyes, they are super wonderful, and I feel happy with them, although I was abit sad that I couldnt join them in the fun on the bus. I'm so glad that I was given a chance to be with these wonderful people.

Wan Ting, Wangye, Gaomiao, Leeyan, Jiaying, Yuki, Arthur, Baoxue, Xuanchen, JiaQi, Yiwei, Kimberly, Jiajin, Jerome, QuanYi, Shunjie, Jasvin, JoleneLai, THANK YOU SO MUCH! (:
And of course, MS LEE AND MDM LIM! (:

Food for thought:
We were so happy to see a "supermarket" (old and lousy mama shop) there, that we unleashed and buy so many things happily. But, in Singapore, we obviously wont be that happy and fascinated about supermarkets. Things that we are deprived off, we are so happy when we get them. Perhaps, life would really be better, if, we have a simple life, without alot of things, then we would learn to appreciate all the small little things that we now feel that is insignificant.

No comments: