Sunday, May 18, 2008

overdosage of kayaking?

2 days of kayaking = okay, but soft and jellys hands = octopus?
these two days of kayaking, it was really a challenge to me.
Because I'm lousy, somehow.
And, I tend to give up, due to lack of discipline.
(even when I'm typing now, I feel as if I'm still in the kayak and drifting to my right when I'm actually super still)

And I'm glad.
I'm glad that I did not give up.
And I'm glad that everyone didnt give up, and I really really wanna tell them "GOOD JOB GUYS!"
the non-odac members have great initiatives to lighten the atmosphere, and I'm really thankful to them for that. Shunjie, Yiwei an Yuki's random singing, oh and even baoxue! When I was feeling super down and demoralised, their singing really lighten the atmosphere! (:
I want to thank you guys face to face, but I'm not good with words like that, so I decide to thank you guys here, although I reckon that you all will never read this post. Haha.

When I was back from kayaking, I was chatting with Jiajian online. And then we were debating on some stuffs like whether it's enough or not enough, then I started shooting questions.

What is enough? Do anyone really have an answer to that? Is anything enough? It is actually very subjective and differs from people to people. What one feel is enough, may not seem enough to the other, and misunderstandings would usually surface from these "disconnections"

For example, perhaps this friend have being doing alot and feels that it's enough, but the receiver may not think so, he/she may think it's not enough. So seriously, what is enough? Who have the answers? Content.

And somehow, enough has a deep linkage with greed. Some people feels that they will never have enough, nothing is enough, and they develop greed. But, is that greed? Or, was it a pursuit of satisfaction or sense of achievement? Again, what is greed?

When one calls the other greedy, is it really so? Or was it a subjective view? Perhaps, one may feel jealous that one do not have just as much yet the other keep on wanting more, and deem that person greedy? Or perhaps, a lack of satisfaction and content leads to greed too? Greed, where does it come from and what is it? Who has the answer to it? Content.

Therefore, is being content the answer to happiness?
And, what is happiness?

P.s. Happy answering the questions!

No comments: