Thursday, April 16, 2009

Being Strong


"If Today Was Your Last Day"

My best friend gave me the best advice
He said each day's a gift and not a given right
Leave no stone unturned, leave your fears behind
And try to take the path less traveled by
That first step you take is the longest stride

If today was your last day
And tomorrow was too late
Could you say goodbye to yesterday?
Would you live each moment like your last?
Leave old pictures in the past
Donate every dime you have?

If today was your last day
Against the grain should be a way of life
What's worth the prize is always worth the fight
Every second counts 'cause there's no second try
So live like you'll never live it twice
Don't take the free ride in your own life

If today was your last day
And tomorrow was too late
Could you say goodbye to yesterday?
Would you live each moment like your last?
Leave old pictures in the past
Donate every dime you have?
Would you call old friends you never see?
Reminisce old memories
Would you forgive your enemies?
Would you find that one you're dreamin' of?
Swear up and down to God above
That you finally fall in love

If today was your last day
If today was your last day
Would you make your mark by mending a broken heart?
You know it's never too late to shoot for the stars
Regardless of who you are
So do whatever it takes
Cause you can't rewind a moment in this life
Let nothin' stand in your way
Cause the hands of time are never on your side

--------------------------------

I love that song. Need I explain?

--------------------------------

Something came across me today.
What's strong and what's weak?
What's good and what's bad?
What's high and what's low?

I think out of those who read my blog, I can get like as many different answers as those who read. Why? Cuz, everyone has different expectations.

If you are different from others, fret not, cuz everyone is special in their own ways. There's no reason nor reasoning why high should always triumph over the low, why strong is always better than the weak and good is always more desirable than bad. It doesnt make sense cuz they each have their own strength where low,weak, bad, ... can be better, greater and stronger. If you're a high achiever, freaking dont look down on others. It'll be your greatest downfall and I see it happening. If you're a perfectionist and always want the good only, then you better hope you have more than 24 hours in a day. If you're strong, wont you ever wish you could get the care that the weak has from their friends?

Okay my sentences are very jumpy, but I'm coming to the main point of my post today.

If you're strong, wont you ever wish you could get the care that the weak has from their friends?

I always think that I only appeared strong and that I'm very weak, and I would yearn for care and concern from the people around me cuz I just hope for a pat on my shoulder when I'm down, a shoulder when I cry, just like any other person. I have feelings. I have senses. I have my emotional needs. Then it started to seem like I get unhappy whenever I dont get the care I want from my family and friends. I seem to think that I cant do it without their encouragement. I start to have self-fulfilling prophecy which is when I start to convince myself that I need encouragements. I dont get my work done. I wallow in self pity. I think,
a lot.

That's mere stupidity on my part. I am strong, and Im very I am and I gotta be since society demands it. And I am so gonna believe that I can make it through these hard times. Be it if my knees crumble, my ankles break and my fingers hurt, I will see it through. Be it that I'm so tired and my brain capacity is decreasing while my stomach capacity is expanding, I will make it through. I will achieve my goals. I will live my life that way it should be, provided that I'm a human being. Human being means I still have a heart, a heart to care, to share, to serve. A heart to listen to my friends, feel for my friends and be sensitive towards them.

Then another question pops out.

What happens when I really cant hold myself together anymore? Even though I provided so many ideal scenarios. Because I'm supposedly strong, does that means that I dont deserve care like the rest? Because I SHOULD be strong, does that means I SHOULD NOT CRY? Because I WANT to be strong and do not want unneccessary attention, so I should cry only when I'm under my blanket or in the toilets? And because I'm strong, I'm denied of the basic rights to enjoy love.

So, is being strong always better than the weak?
When deep inside the strong, the heart is just an empty shell.
A heart that no longer wish to yearn for anything.
A heart that just moves along, because it was told to get on with life.
A heart that just pumps along, because it was told that it was the only way to live.

Deep inside the strong, there's a man who constantly get pressured by the culture of the society.
A dead society can never move an empty heart.
When the heart dont move, the man fails to break through,
and he gets smaller, and smaller, but that's his heart and soul, not his body.
So no one sees it.

No one.

No comments: